Handy Microsoft Forms Settings for Teachers shows the following:
- How to automatically collect student names.
- Why you might not want to automatically collect student names.
- How to limit quiz attempts.
- How to automatically shuffle question order.
- How to hide quiz results.
- How to customize quiz completion messages.
Applications for Education
In case you didn't watch the video, the reason that I give for possibly not automatically collecting student names is to honor students' name preferences. For example, I have a student whose given name is a traditionally female name but prefers to be referred to with a traditionally male name. The school's student information system lists the student's given name and that is what would be automatically collected by the Microsoft Form if I used the automatic name collection option.