Monday, April 5, 2021 – 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Virtual Presentations – ET Remote Access – Zoom
A campus community event featuring the Pausch Bridge https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~PauschBridge/Illuminate-2021.html
Presented by the School of Computer Science in collaboration with ScottyLabs.
In honor of Randy’s memory we will join together virtually to create short new shows for the bridge. As darkness falls, we’ll light up the night with new works contributed by the community.
This event is open to all members of the Carnegie Mellon University community from anywhere in the world, regardless of background or skill level. We will meet on Zoom, work collaboratively to animate the lights using an easy-to-use online system, and live stream the physical bridge playing the results.
Event Schedule for Monday, April 5
- 7:00 pm → the event begins on Zoom
- 7:55 pm → live streaming of the bridge begins with early submissions
- 8:35 pm → voting opens for crowd favorites
- 8:45 pm → reprise of the most popular results
- 9:00 pm → Zoom event ends
Please come on time so we can show you the tools and match up teams. We understand you may need to take a break, but please be sure to come back for the voting and show.
The physical light show will be streamed live over video. If you are on campus and wish to see it in person, we require that you observe the following pandemic protocols:
- Everyone present should follow the Tartan’s Responsibility guidelines, including being up to date on Tartan Testing asymptomatic testing requirements.
- No more than three or four persons should be on the bridge walkway at a time.
- The best viewing locations are on the Doherty side; please spread yourselves around the valley and observe distancing guidelines.
- Please do not cluster in Gates-Hillman windows.
Carnegie Mellon alumnus and professor Randy Pausch inspired millions through his Last Lecture. The Pausch Bridge assures the entire campus community is able to remember his impact on Carnegie Mellon—and the world—every time they walk through campus.
Zoom Participation. See announcement.